Sunday, September 16, 2007

August 22nd, 2007

So this is my grocery blog. It's probably exceedingly boring to everyone but me but I've been feeling the need to track what I buy and eat. This is the official record of it. You'll probably notice that I only go to one grocery, Ralphs, and that I go there several times a week and sometimes several times a day. That's because my grocery is within walking distance and I only buy what I can carry. I'm also very capricious. If I get a hankering for an Oscar Mayer wiener, by God, I'll have have one within the next thirty minutes or else. Catch my drift?

So here's the first receipt:

082207

All I got was some fish, veggies, and mango green tea. As you can see I try to eat a healthful diet, which is difficult because I don't know how to cook many vegetables. But I try.

Those mushrooms went bad before I had a chance to eat them. I was pissed. I almost ate them anyway. I'd always been kind of a spendthrift (until recently when I quit my job and became poor) but even then I've always been a cheapskate at the grocery. I always scour for sales. You'll probably notice that tilapia was on on sale this week.

No comments: